Sunday 27 March 2011

Oooh I have been busy!

Everything has moved on at a fair pace since my last post all those weeks ago!

Let's start with weight loss - I'm still struggling with the thyroid issue at the moment, have lost just 0.5lbs in the past 3 weeks - having said that, it's a loss, not a gain. I am also not helping matters with the fact that I am eating like a P.I.G. at the moment. Curry, take aways, sweets etc... I just have very fleeting motivation at the moment. I am determined to get to goal (or thereabouts) for the birth of my nephew in June. It's an odd thing to aim for, but feel it's a significant milestone to work to!

On to weddingy stuff now - how exciting! I'll begin with a little story for you - Between Christmas and New Year, hubster and I visited several wedding venues in South Wales, we were set on the idea of having the wedding close to his home. We found a beautiful venue and excitedly booked the venue - our date was set! When the hotel sent through all the paperwork we found that there were a lot of shady hidden costs (paying for a minimum of 3 alcoholic drinks for EVERY guest at the reception whether they wanted them or not - including my (as will be) 1 year old nephew!). So we politely told the hotel thanks but no thanks.

Now. I absolutely love reading www.rocknrollbride.com website for alternative wedding ideas. I was looking on the site in January when I came across this http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/01/a-quirky-british-cupcakey-kinda-day a pictorial piece showcasing vintage dresses. These pictures are so my style and I fell in love with all the dresses. I was SHOCKED to find that not only was "Queenies" www.queeniescupcakery.co.uk, the little cupcake shop featured in the piece, in Ironbridge only 10 minutes from my mum and dad but the photographer - Bethan at Haywood Jones photography www.haywoodjonesphotography.co.uk - was based in the same town too! woohoo! This lead me on to looking at venues near there and, even though we were still set for a South Wales wedding, when I saw images of the Coalbrookdale Museum I just had to book a viewing.


We went to see the Coalbrookdale museum with my mum and dad. As you know, we initially looking at the venue with the view of booking the museum for the ceremony only and then having the reception at my mum and dad's house. When we saw the venue, we fell in love with it! and decided to have the whole sha-bang there. It just seemed to make so much more sense and was so much easier for the guests, also, it's set deep in Ironbridge Gorge and wow, talk about Ironbridge Gorge-ous surroundings! (sorry, couldn't resist that one!).

So, we'd found the perfect venue, then we wandered up into Ironbridge to "Queenies" and found the perfect cake! (we are very much planning on booking them). In April we have a meeting planned with Bethan so, fingers crossed, it'll be 3 for 3 and we'll find the perfect photographer too!

We've set the date and sent off the deposit cheque but, seeing as our previous venue fell through, hubster has told me not to make any big announcements until that cheque has cleared! (Then I will be telling all and sundry about my wedding!)

All things seem to be coming together for the initial bookings. I think the main thing I have to worry about is not bursting with excitement before the wedding! I JUST WANT TO GET MARRIED TO MY GORGEOUS MR NOW!!!!

Laurs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment