Wednesday 2 February 2011

How long is this week going to be?

Seriously, this week has lasted at least a month already!

Woke up Tuesday morning thinking it was Friday! Honestly! TUESDAY! I can understand Thursday, or even Wednesday feeling like Friday, but Tuesday?! So ever since I've felt I've been working overtime!

So, went to the wedding fayre at the Hundred House Hotel on Sunday and it was nice, the room was lovely that you get married in but I'm really not convinced we're going to be able to afford it.

It is so difficult to find different kinds of wedding venues in England due to strict laws on where and when you can get married, but it would appear even more difficult to find a nice place to just hold the ceremony with no reception. Honestly, it would seem that hotels would rather gamble on the possibility of getting a £7000 full reception booking than a definite £1000 from a couple who just want to get married!

So, we'll wait and see what comes of the Hundred House, see if we can negotiate a price! After delivering beautiful cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Cupcakery in Chorlton (http://sweettoothcupcakery.co.uk/) my Mum and I duly sampled some wedding cakes at the fayre (naturally!).


...and we may not have a venue, I may not have a dress, but I've totally found the cake supplier! and the winner is...(drum roll please!)...Queenie's Cupcakery in Ironbridge Shropshire (providing that we get married in Shropshire!) (www.queeniescupcakery.co.uk).


I first heard about Queenies a few weeks ago when they were featured on the beautiful Rock n Roll bride wedding blog (www.rocknrollbride.com) and let me tell you, the victoria sponge that Mum and I tried was absolutely out of this world!

Last little wedding mention for this post, today I am loving a wedding story on Rock n Roll Bride which is absolutely how I want our wedding to be, featuring a couple called Jo and Olga... (http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/02/olga-jos-two-day-russianbritish-fusion-wedding/)

Ok ok, wedding wedding blah blah blah yaaaaaaawn.

Quick update on the weight loss (I'm sure you can guess how this is going to go judging by the overall cakey theme of this post!) I totally played truant for my weigh-in today (much cake and pizza were eaten this week and I wimped out - NOT what I would usually recommend). In my defence however I did walk 4.8 miles home today (according to google maps) to make up for it. So I really am good, honest I am...honest.

Well, that's about it for now - feels like one step forward, two back with the wedding plans at the moment so will hopefully have good news on a venue next time.

Laurs

No comments:

Post a Comment